Go Load-Balancers Networking
An experimental application-layer load-balancer to explore load-balancing algorithms and health metric strategies.
- Implemented both Round Robin and Random Two-Choice load-balancing algorithms.
- Docker-compose spins up a Prometheus instance with live load-balancing and health metrics.
- Algorithm choice, health-check endpoints, and panic threshold are all configurable via YAML.
Go Databases NoSQL
A key/value database inspired by chapter 3 of Designing Data-Intensive Applications by Martin Kleppman.
- Leveraged constant-time file appends to write data quickly to a K/V store.
- Used an in-memory hash index to speed up reads. Hash index is rebuilt on startup in-case of crashes.
I'm an experienced, self-taught Software Engineer. Originally from New England, I now live in Seattle with my partner and three cats. When I'm not coding, I'm either playing hockey, collecting video games, or studying chess.